Thursday, January 6

Study Abroad Update

So I've been in New Orleans the past few days and hadn't checked my email. Turns out we finally got our housing assignments for Sevilla! My roommate's name is Hillary (Hill) and she goes to school at a small Catholic university in Massachussetts. We will be living with the Genovés Prieto family which consists of Esmeralda and her husband José Manuel, and their 12 year old daughter Marta. Esmeralda is a homemaker and José Manuel works in industrial business. They live a short 5 minute walk to our university so no public transportation for us! The description of our living quarters says we will share a double room with our own bathroom separate from the family, and that it is "very bright". I'm supposed to bring gifts for the family, any ideas? Definitely some Razorback attire but maybe also some wine from Missouri??




On a side note, Razorbacks sure put up a good fight against the Buckeyes Tuesday night. Too bad it didn't end how we all wanted. Bourbon Street was a madhouse Monday and Tuesday nights though (yes I was definitely down there)! I'll always love my hogs no matter what. Anybody know how to say WOO PIG SOOIE in Spanish?!


Exactly 3 weeks until I move out of my apartment...!!!

1 comments:

Andrew Walchuk said...

I'm glad you're going to blog about Sevilla! I'll live vicariously through you for the spring until I finally get to go back to España.

As for the presents, those are really good ideas, especially the wine, since you can sit and drink it with them and chat. Be prepared to explain about mascots and the intensity of college sports here though with the Razorback stuff. Europeans just don't get it sometimes. Comparing it to soccer loyalties to Real Madrid and Barcelona tends to help.

Espero que lo pases fenomenal!

Post a Comment