Tuesday, January 11

Real Madrid

For those of you who don't speak Spanish, it is said Ray-al Madrid. "Real" translates to "royal" in English...

Spain's World Cup Team 2010

After Spain won the World Cup last summer, I became somewhat interested in fútbol...and Spanish players in particular. As I was watching the game Sunday at work and it dawned on me that I will be able to see it in person very soon, and you're damn right I'm going to spend $80 for a nosebleed RM ticket. I don't really understand fútbol completely, but the players...'nuff said. 
My Future Husband
Sergio Ramos
#15 Spain, #4 Real Madrid
 Okay okay, I really am trying to learn the sport I promise!

Hat trick (noun) - to achieve a positive feat in the sport three times during a game
< Cristiano Ronaldo scored a hat trick in Sunday's game against Villareal. >
 Fútbol is the most popular sport in the WORLD. Kind of interesting since Americans are not too big on soccer. In Spain, the national governing body of the sport is the Royal Spanish Football Federation. It is so important to the country and the people that, in a way, they consider it to be royal. Americans don't have a sport like that--one that we can consider the definition of American pride. Some Americans think baseball is our pasttime, while others (myself included) can't stand the sport and consider our pasttime to be American Football. Whatever your opinion, fútbol is much more revered around the world than both of those sports combined.

The highest division of the "UEFA" is called La Liga, and it is the second strongest fútbol league in Europe. Real Madrid, Barcelona, Sevilla, and Real Sociedad are just a few teams that are part of La Liga.

Real Madrid 2010-2011 Team
 ¡Nos vemos en Madrid!

0 comments:

Post a Comment